Summary:? DaVinci Resolve 11 won’t import Sony XAVC S videos correctly– read this article to find the best solution.
The HXR-NX100 brings the very best in resolution, depth of field control and low light performance thanks to its big 1.0-type Exmor R CMOS sensor, allowing content creators to capture beautiful images in any environment. Its ergonomic design ensures comfortable handling and the ability to record in XAVC S 50Mbps means the camcorder delivers quality content across a range of shoots, such as events and corporate videos.
We must admit that it’s disappointed DaVinci Resolve and many other programs can only handle PCM audio, like WAV files. Not LPCM audio. There are totally different format. Consequently, for native importation of Sony (4K) XAVC-S video within DaVinci Resolve, it is highly recommended to convert XAVC S video to DaVinci Resolve 11 with appropriate codec like QuickTime, DNxHD, ProRes for editing smoothly.
How to solve the video format incompatibility problem? An XAVC S converter for Mac will handle the import issue and make it easy to edit XAVC S footages shot by a HXR-NX100. Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac is just the reliable one to transcode and converts XAVC S footages to video formats compatible with DaVinci Resolve.
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/hd-video-converter-mac/
- Amazon Store Download: http://www.amazon.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter-Mac-Download/dp/B00QI9GNZS
- AppStore Download: https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/pavtube-hd-video-converter/id502792488?mt=12
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-HD-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-76177786.html
Step 1: Add source videos
Install the program on Mac and run it. Drag the XAVC S files to the software. Or you can also click "Add" button on the top of the main interface to import video to the program.
Step 2: Choose output format
Hit Format bar to select output format. You can choose Avid Media Composer > Avid DNxHD(*.mov) as output format. It is an ideal editing format for Resolve. Of course, you can also click "Common Video" > "MOV - QuickTime (*.MOV)" as the target format.
Step 3: Start XAVC S to Resolve 11 conversion
Click "convert" to start converting XAVC S to DNxHD for DaVinci Resolve on Mac OS X. After conversion, you can play or edit XAVC(S) clips in QuickTime/FCP/FCE/iMovie/Avid without problem.
1. Click the "Settings" icon and you will go into a new interface named "Profile Settings". You can adjust codec, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate and audio channel in the interface according to your needs and optimize the output file quality.
2. Besides transcoding XAVC S to Resolve, this Mac XAVC S converter also supports converting XAVC S file to Final Cut Pro, Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere Pro, iMovie, After Effects and more editing programs with ProRes, DNxHD, MPEG-2, Apple InterMediate Codec, etc optimal codecs.
Encode Sony A7S II 4K XAVC S to Apple Prores for FCP 6/7 Editing
Import Canon C100 AVCHD MP4 to Davinci Resolve
Import Documentary Footage to Adobe Premiere Pro/ DaVinci Resolve
Top 5 MTS/M2TS AVCHD Converter for Mac Reviewed
Compress MTS/M2TS from Canon Cameras/Sony/Panasonic
Easily import Sony XDCAM EX to Avid, Premiere, Sony Vegas, Pinnacle, CyberLink, Windows Movie Maker